County Council and Utility Services

Councillors Road Signage
Traffic and Parking Road Sweeping
Street Lighting Litter Warden
Road and Footpath Maintenance Drain and Gully Cleaning
Private Trees Back-yard Burning
Public Trees
Gas Emergency Electricity Emergency/Outage
Water Leak

Reporting of incidents or issues for the council can be done directly at The council’s website can be found at but here is some information that may be useful.




The latest list of councillors is listed on their website, and can be accessed directly here.

The list for Dundrum on 28 October 2018 is:

Councillor Shay Brennan
31 Finsbury Park, Churchtown, Dublin 14
086-8290570 Fianna Fáil
Councillor Daniel Dunne
126 Meadow Park, Churchtown, Dublin 14
087-1154468 The Green Party
Councillor Pat Hand
25 Chestnut Grove, Ballinteer, Dublin 16
086-6078181 Fine Gael
Councillor Brian Murphy
C/o Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
086-1612137 Independent
Councillor Sorcha Nic Cormaic
54 Goatstown Close, Goatstown, Dublin 14
086-4611637 Sinn Féin
Councillor Seamas O’Neill
69 Bird Avenue, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14
086-4611640 Independent
Councillor Grace Tallon
5 Sweetmount Avenue, Dundrum, Dublin 14
086-2492837 Labour


Traffic and Parking

To report an instance of illegal parking you may contact the Council’s Parking Section on 01-2054884 or email

Members of the public can call Garda Traffic Watch lo-call number1890 205 805 to report aggressive driver behaviour, driving hazards and traffic-related incidents. Calls are answered and logged by civilian personnel at the Garda Information Services Centre, Castlebar. The reported incident is then forwarded to the relevant Garda Station for investigation.


Street Lighting

If you have an enquiry about street lighting in your area, please contact the Public Lighting Section in the Transportation Department on 01-2054809.


Public Trees

Please note that the trees on grass verges, in parks etc. are public property and these should not be cut back or cut down. If there is a tree in your area that needs to be cut back, please contact your Parks Department on 01-2054700 or to arrange for this to be added to the tree care programme.

If there are trees dangerously overhanging a public road or footpath and these trees are from a public area, it is the Council’s responsibility to maintain them. If you have a complaint about a dangerous tree, please contact your Parks Department on 01-2054700 or


Private Trees

If a tree belonging to a resident is dangerously overhanging a public road or footpath, please contact the Roads Maintenace Section on 01-2054879 or email them on and they will serve a notice to the resident.


Road and Footpath Maintenance

If a footpath or road is defective and in need of renewal in your area, please contact the Roads Maintenance Section on 01-2054879 or email them on


Road Signage

If there is an existing road sign or plate that is damaged and needs replacing you should contact the Roads Maintenance Section on 01-2054879 or email them on


Road Sweeping

The Road Sweeping schedule is operational between March and October.  Please see the link below to find out when your road / street is due to be swept. The Council does not collect bags of leaves. If your road or estate needs to be swept, please contact, phone 01-2054817 or freephone 1800-403503.

The schedule for roadsweeing is available from the council. The current schedule is that Balally estate is cleaned on Wednesdays on the week 2 route.


Litter Warden

Each ward in the country has been assigned a litter warden and a staff member to deal with queries that you may have relating to litter and illegal dumping. The contact for Balally is Denise Muntner. Denis may also be contacted to request that streets are swept and gullies cleaned etc.

To report littering issues or illegal dumping, please contact the Environment Department on 01-2054817, free-phone 1800-403503 or email


Drain and Gully Cleaning

Blocked gullies should be reported to the Environment Department on 01-2054817 or email and the Council will make the necessary arrangements to have the situation dealt with.


Back-yard Burning

The burning of waste is illegal.If you wish to report any incident of burning phne 01-2047954 or email


Gas Emergency

Gas Networks Ireland
Phone: 1850-205050


Electricity Emergency/Outage

ESB Networks
Phone: 1850-372999 or 021-2382410


Water Leak

Irish Water
To report a water leak that you’ve spotted on public property in your area use the form at the previous link. This includes footpaths, roads, communal open spaces and public recreational facilities.
Phone: 1850 278 278 or 01 707 2828

If you need our urgent help as the issue relates to sewer flooding, pollution or any other issue that is a health and safety or environmental risk, it’s important for you to call us on 1850 278 278 or 01 707 2828 so we can help you straight away.