Balally Residents Association last entered and WON the Tidy Districts Competition in 2014! The Award was a huge endorsement for our community and a fitting reward for all of the residents who worked so hard to win.
After 5 years it’s definitely time for Balally to win again and we need the help of everyone in Balally and Sandyford Road to win Tidy Districts 2019.
How You Can Help
Judging takes place during July when Balally and Sandyford Road will be visited twice. Here is how you can help:
|Judging Category||What You Can Do|
|Presentation and maintenance of all properties in the estate including gardens||* Keep your drive / patio areas weed-free
* Are you planning to paint any exterior walls this year? Consider doing so before July
* Aim to have your garden in full bloom by July
|Road and street appearance||
* Maintain your grass verge, cut the grass & edge the verge
* Help older neighbours with their verges
* Weed and sweep path areas outside your home
* Consider re-seeding if your verge is damaged
* Do not park on the grass verges
* Participate in our Estate Clean-Up Week10th – 16th June
|Litter control||* Report any illegal dumping you may see to your Road Rep or via balally.com/contact-us or facebook.com/balallyres
* Pick up litter near your home
* Pick-up after your dog if you have one
|Graffiti control||* Report any graffiti you see via balally.com/contact-us or facebook.com/balallyres|
|Encourage Biodiversity||* Visit our pollinators page to understand how you can support nature in your own garden|
Working Together To Win
Winning this prestigious Award again will take a lot of planning and hard work over the coming months. Your Committee will focus on our overall Competition Action Plan:
- Estate Clean-up Week and Litter Pick 10th – 16th June (we need your help)
- Maintenance of ‘No-man’s land’ areas
- Estate grass cutting
- Ongoing graffiti management
- Estate planting and landscaping including roundabout
Let’s get our children involved in the Clean-Up Week and help the next generation develop a sense of responsibility for their community.
By working together over the next few months we will not only be proud of how well Balally and Sandyford Road look but we will also have a wonderful sense of pride in our great community!
In order to achieve the standards needed to win, we need to extra help to keep an eye on how each road is doing and to identify any areas that need special focus from the Committee.
We hope to recruit a small team of volunteers for each road to work with the Committee.
Here’s a copy of our Tidy Districts 2019 flyer if you want to spread the word.