We’ve added a new page with information on Coronavirus that may be of interest. https://balally.com/info/coronavirus/
| Get Your Garden Ready for Spring |
Thursday 12th March at 7:30pm in St. Olaf’s National School
Balally Residents Association are inviting all our members to a Spring Gardening Workshop to help us get Balally looking beautiful this season!
We are delighted to be joined by Expert Speaker Veronica O’Toole from Scalp Nurseries. Veronica will lead the workshop which will cover:
– Key gardening jobs for Spring, demonstration of trimming/cutting best practice
– Fertilizers – what to use or not to use
– How to build a Hanging Basket
– Good Planting choices for Spring a wide sample of plants will be available to view and purchase
– How to support Pollinator Insects in your garden
– Q&A discussion
The workshop will be followed by a Cheese & Wine Reception – this will be a great opportunity to meet new neighbours, have a chat and a catch-up and share some gardening tips!
Please come and join us!
It’s time to get ready for our annual Clean-Up Week! This year we need your support to help Balally and Sandyford Road win Tidy Districts 2019.
We need as many people as possible to spend an hour or so in the evening to help with the clean-up. The more people who help them quicker it will be. Can you rope in a neighbour too? We will have blue bags, pickers and gloves at each location, but if you could bring a sweeping brush, spade and dustpan that would help.
Join us from about 6:30 each evening this week
* Monday – Balally Road & laneways
* Tuesday – Balally Grove, Avenue & bottom of Park
* Wednesday – Balally Hill & litter pick up in the park
* Thursday – Balally Drive (top & bottom) & roundabout
* Friday – Roundabout painting, weeding and planting
Judging takes place in July so its all hands on deck for our biggest clean up yet! We encourage you to take some time to edge and cut your grass verge as a lot of marks are awarded for neat verges. If your neighbours need a hand you could help them out too.
A message from Richard Nolan Civil Engineering about road works for ESB Networks from 4-15 March2019:
Please be advised that Richard Nolan Civil Engineering will be carrying out concrete reinstatement Works for the ESBN on Balally Drive commencing on the day of the 04/03/2019 for the 2 weeks. Works will resume outside the temporary reinstated patch. Works will be carried out between 9:30AM and 5PM. While these works are taking place some carparking spaces on the road will be taken up.
We would greatly appreciate your co-operation and patience during these essential works. Access and egress will be accommodated at all times. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by our works and are eager to finish these works and leave the resident community in peace.
Richard Nolan Civil Engineering intends to complete these works with minimum disruption to residents and road users. Arrangements can be made with on-site crew to facilitate and assist residents.
Richard Nolan Civil Engineering would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused as a result of the works. If we may be of any assistance or you have any queries regarding the works, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time either on site or by contacting the number below.
Richard Nolan Civil Engineering Ltd
RNCE Head Office
We have had a number of recent reports of inconsiderate parking in the estate.
How you can help
- Please think of your neighbours before you park and remind your visitors to park sensibly.
- Park so that there is space for other motorists to pass easily, and allow enough room for ambulances, fire brigades and bin trucks to get through.
- Avoid parking near corners or on double yellow lines which could impair visibility and lead to an accidents or injury.
- Report instances of illegal parking — contact the Council’s Parking Section on 01-2054884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Report driving hazards to Garda Traffic Watch on LoCall 1890-205805.
- Contact your local councillors directly to express concerns about parking, as the more voices they hear, the more likely they will do something about it. Contact details are available at https://balally.com/info/dlrcc-utilities/#councillors
What we are doing
- We are contacting all local councillors to request a review of traffic and parking in the estate to help alleviate some of the problems.
The annual general meeting for Balally Residents’ Association will take place on Monday 22nd October at 8pm in St. Olaf’s School. We look forward to seeing you then. If anyone would like to help out, this is a great opportunity to get involved, whether it is to organise an event, collect subs, be part of the committee or to help with gardening and maintenance. This year we are considering entering the Tidy Districts Competition so want to gauge the level of interest from everyone in Balally.
Balally Residents Association are delighted to sponsor St. Olaf’s School Family Fun Day on Sunday 17th June.
Entry is €5 per adult which includes free access to Wooly Ward’s Farm, shows, wish tree, toddler area and a free raffle ticket. Senior citizens €2.50. All kids go free when accompanied by an adult.