Historic Photo of Balally Area

For anyone who grew up in Sandyford (or lived in the Park), this photo was taken in 1948 of of Clonard House/IMI on the right. The fields in the background would become Balally, Wedgewood and Moreen. The left of Clonard house is the old stables now The Park. Credit to Cathal McGlinchey for digging it out. Sourced from Facebook post.

A History of Balally Parish and the Community

An ideal Christmas gift, A History of Balally Parish and the Community, compiled and Edited by Peter Sobolewski is an interesting modern local history. The Parish was formed in 1977 just forty years ago. The history is a beautiful publication in colour containing 167 pages. It covers the Religious, Social, Cultural and Sporting life of the area.

The many articles are interesting and relatively short, written mainly by individuals who were themselves involved in the subject matter. The book includes many photographs and names of people and events that will revive fond memories. It also includes a report by Balally Residents Association together with photographs.

This book which costs €20 will make an ideal Christmas present for family members at home or abroad and is available from the Balally Parish Office Tel 01-2954296 or from Brendan McGlynn Tel. 01-2956139.